The following IELTS writing tips will help you in your preparations towards realizing your International English Language Testing System examination dream. Adequate and relevant preparations are necessary if you want to pass the test at first sitting.
IELTS is an internationally recognized testing system, hence your passing it will give your career or your status a real boost, and will enhance the future life you chose to live.
IELTS Writing Tips for Success
Take note of the following tips and do them,
1. Get a teacher. This will make your preparation to be thorough and focused too. The teacher can guide you in all that you are doing to prepare for the test. One, you can practice IELTS writing sample essays yourself and give to your Singaporean teacher to mark, this will enable you to evaluate your level of preparation and it will also assure you that you are on the right track.
This type of work and feedback method of studying will quicken your rate of understanding of IELTS module and will also give you confidence in your preparations. It will enable you to be honest with yourself since you are under a guide, whatever you score will be the real mark you can get for a particular question.
Unlike other aspects of the test, the IELTS writing tasks are more difficult for students as research has shown, hence you will need to give it more attention. Some students consider the financial implication of hiring a teacher, yes it may be a little bit on the high side for some, but it is worth it when you think of the benefit such a venture can bring.
With the use of a good guide book you should be able to get on well with the other tasks but not with the writing. This IELTS writing tips will ensure that you leave no stone unturned when it comes to the issue of preparing for your test.
2. Understand the major things that an IELTS examiner is looking for; how you have answered the questions, whether you have been able to address all the issues in the questions as set in the test.
The implication of this is that you will need to read the questions very well to know exactly what they are asking you to do. As you read you should be able to make a mental picture of what and how your answer will look like and work towards it.
Search carefully for those things the questions ask you to do in Singapore, and answer them promptly and straight to the point.
3. Practice the IELTS writing tasks within the limit of the examination time, exactly as you will have it in the exam hall to get you prepared adequately, knowing the writing format alone is not enough but being able to work within the standard set time.
Practice planning before you start working, this is important even if you feel you are under pressure, it will enable you to just flow as you answer the questions because you have already prepared for what to write.
4. All of these IELTS writing tips will not benefit you if you do not stay on topic as you write, the format of questions sometimes makes candidates to want to input ideas or points that are beyond the scope of the test asked, avoid this as much as possible.
5. Make sure your writing is well paragraphed, clear, and legible, no examiner from Singapore wants to read meaningless essays when there are quite some numbers of writings for them to go through. When you make your work enjoyable to read as you take care of punctuations, use correct grammar and spellings, you will surely grab the attention of the examiner and the favor too.
6. Your essay should be simple enough to read, just like this IELTS writing tips you are reading, avoid the use of slang and any informal language, no matter how popular or widely acceptable they might appear to be in the society, they are not academic writings.
7. Keep to the number of words that you are required to write, can be a little bit more, but not less, avoid repetitions as much as possible, and make your vocabulary rich and relevant.
Go through this IELTS writing tips until you are able to get a good grasp of all the important things that makes for success in the test.